Who We Are
The Nicholson Foundation is dedicated to addressing the complex needs of vulnerable populations in New Jersey’s urban and other underserved communities. We support efforts to improve the quality of health and human service delivery systems. Through partnerships with policymakers, stakeholders, and service providers, we seek to achieve transformative, sustainable systems reform.
We are guided by the following beliefs:
- The foundation for lifelong health and well-being is established in early childhood.
The likelihood of future academic success and socioeconomic advancement is increased by high-quality early childhood programs.
- Integrating physical and behavioral health and addressing the social determinants of health are essential to improving the health of individuals and communities.
- Health outcomes improve when communities and their residents are involved in, and assume responsibility for, their own health and well-being.
- Healthcare and early childhood services are more effective when systems are coordinated and programs are data-driven and evidence-based.
- Partnerships bring together diverse resources and expertise to facilitate systems reform.
- Improvements in health and early childhood delivery systems are more likely to succeed and be sustained when they are also supported by government policies and funding.
Learn about the background and trustees of The Nicholson Foundation.
Learn about The Nicholson Foundation team.